Author Topic: My Donkey Kong Junior Vs Donkey Kong 3 scores  (Read 5650 times)

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
My Donkey Kong Junior Vs Donkey Kong 3 scores
« on: October 27, 2019, 05:15:35 pm »
There was a time where I had a Donkey Kong Junior MAME score that was higher than even the arcade score. At the time I honestly thought it was a harder score to beat than my Donkey Kong 3 score.
Then Kasper and Mark Khiel got better scores than me, and I decided to put it on equal footing as my DK3 score.  Then Graham came along, and got nearly 1.3 million in just a month before mysteriously quitting.  I thought this was a fluke.  But then Corey came along, and did it in six months.
But the clincher was Phil and Barra.  Phil seemed to get there in less than a month.  Also Wes Copeland got his 1.1 million score in about three weeks.
So I have come to the conclusion that my DK3 score is much better than my DKJr score.
And I have upped the exchange rate for the games.
I feel you basically have to subtract 300,000 points to figure out the equivalent Donkey Kong score.  So 1.2 million is really 900,000 1.3 million is really 1,000,000. And 1.4 million is really 1.1 million. There was a time I had the exchange rate at 200,000.
Even one million might be generous.  I mean, has ANYONE gotten a million in two months on Donkey Kong?
I was deluded because of the low Billy Mitchell, and Steve Wiebe scores.  Also, the fact that I spent 1700 hours on the game tricked me.  So here's my explanation
1. DK3 acts like a save state by giving you 37 men.  Not using Save states for Junior took me much longer.
2. I simply naturally suck at this game, and it took many hours for me to overcome this suckyness.
"Perception forged in delusion and refined by pain"

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Killscreener DK Masters - Rank D CK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener

Offline bensweeneyonbass

• Dong Face Killer
    • Boooooring!
    • Awards
Re: My Donkey Kong Junior Vs Donkey Kong 3 scores
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2019, 06:03:46 am »
2. I simply naturally suck at this game, and it took many hours for me to overcome this suckyness.

You've been reading my diary again
Member for 8 Years Blogger Twitch Streamer