Author Topic: Donkey Kong spooky High Score help  (Read 5942 times)

Offline RonMarsh

• Awards
Donkey Kong spooky High Score help
« on: February 24, 2019, 08:59:32 am »
Hi is it on my end ? I can't seem to get Donkey Kong Spooky so save high scores ... I know you can save on exit but I've had a few problems with the game where is will freeze up on boot up , So I have to reset the game and I end up losing the high scores .
Member for 5 Years

Offline Sock Master

• Elite Member
    • Awards
Re: Donkey Kong spooky High Score help
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2019, 12:36:36 pm »
Donkey Kong Spooky Remix does not specifically save high scores to nvram.  There was supposed to be some sort of plugin to enable saving high scores in MAME for games that do not save scores but as I don't use it I'm not sure which versions of MAME support it or the steps/settings you need to enable it.
If that is what you are doing and this is working for other games like Donkey Kong, MAME likely still won't save scores for Spooky Remix because high score support for this game has not specifically been added into the hiscore.dat script file.   Someone would have to add it to the hiscore.dat script.  In theory it should work after that.
"Badges? We ain't got no badges. We don't need no badges. I don't have to show you any stinkin' badges!"
Member for 8 Years snek Twitch Streamer

Offline RonMarsh

• Awards
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2019, 12:58:46 pm »
Thanks for your reply, that's what I was thinking it would have to be added in the dat file, I was looking inside that file but I have no idea how or what info I'd need to add in there. Maybe one day someone will add it.
Member for 5 Years

Offline RonMarsh

• Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2019, 09:13:39 am »
I got it...  I edit the dat file seems to work now...  :)
Member for 5 Years

Offline cyberdman

• Awards
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2020, 09:29:36 am »
Just curious as to what you did to the hiscore.dat file to make this work.  I've attempted to do the same, however it is not working.  The save state will save the scores, but only until a reset of some sort.  I'd like to see your hiscore.dat changes.  Thanks.
Member for 5 Years

pac_man_fan

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2020, 10:06:53 am »
I'd be interested in your dat info also!   I tried using the standard data for dkong, but that didnt work.

Offline cyberdman

• Awards
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2020, 09:47:17 am »
Anyone on high score saves help?  What entries need to be added to the hiscore.dat file?  Thanks.
Member for 5 Years