Author Topic: Local Christmas DK challenge  (Read 4102 times)

Offline Hangoin

• Awards
Local Christmas DK challenge
« on: December 14, 2018, 10:32:48 am »
I figure a good introduction post for me would be to start blogging about a small Donkey Kong competition that's happening at my local game shop. They're giving out a 50 dollar prize for the top score at the end of the month. My current top score is about 27,000 while the top score on the machine is over 33,000.  If the 50 dollar prize is cash, I'll donate it all to the Pac-Man fund at a newly opened arcade bar. If its just instore credit, I'm going to see if the owner of the bar will set up a Retron and donate that.

I'm hoping this blog will draw a little bit of attention and help me make friends on this forum. If anyone has any suggestions on how to format my next posts or has some advice on how to be a good DK player/human being, I will gladly except   ;D
Member for 5 Years Blogger

Offline bensweeneyonbass

• Dong Face Killer
    • Boooooring!
    • Awards
Re: Local Christmas DK challenge
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2018, 01:13:00 pm »
Cool! I love all scales of competition. The local shop high score is a great one. There's a toy shop that has several machines near me and they have a running monthly challenge. The winner each month gets half the quarters from the machine they win.

Drop the name and location of this place for even more attention  8)
Member for 8 Years Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline Hangoin

• Awards
Re: Local Christmas DK challenge
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2018, 09:11:37 am »
Its at Gameco Joplin MO.
Member for 5 Years Blogger