Author Topic: Shoutbox hangs when entering the forum  (Read 9776 times)

Offline Robert

• Awards
Shoutbox hangs when entering the forum
« on: October 17, 2018, 02:02:38 am »
Like it says. Sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn't. Today I entered the forum and went to do other things. 2 hours later the shoutbox still has nothing and the little windows circle is going round and round.

Also, I when it *does* work, I noticed the entries are out of date order - it's impossible to follow a conversation.

Any chance of fixing it?

Using latest Firefox (62.0.3)
Member for 5 Years

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
Re: Shoutbox hangs when entering the forum
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2018, 04:39:14 am »
Hmm, it might be because you are using the non default skin, because for me the shoutbox seems to be working great.
"Perception forged in delusion and refined by pain"

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Killscreener DK Masters - Rank D CK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener

Offline Weehawk

• Elite Member
  • Why not play some Space Panic today?
    • Golden Era Replay Page
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2018, 05:13:22 am »
It hangs a lot for me lately, but I figure it's more likely a function of my internet connection than the forum software. I just have to refresh whenever I see the circling icon stuck.

I've never seen the messages out of order, though.
Member for 10 Years

Offline Robert

• Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2018, 07:42:26 am »
I think the messages out of order might have been a mistake on my part. The date-time format has a pipe character which confused me until I just took a closer look. Now I can see it is in order.

[18|Oct 11:23 PM]

This time the shoutbox appeared straight away. I'll see how it goes in future.

Even though I use 24 hour time in my preferences, the shoutbox shows AM and PM, but I assume that's because the shoutbox is different software to the forum.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2018, 07:46:51 am by Robert »
Member for 5 Years

Offline QAOP Spaceman

• Elite Member
  • ®
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2018, 08:20:47 am »

I thought the messages-out-of-sequence problem was perhaps just an optical illusion, because the important topics (my undercrackers,  <Pigger> and butter, b***ball talk, did Barra say something was ok or not, etc. ) are always being interrupted and intercut with nonsense about 40-year-old video games -  creating the unfortunate impression to new users that Shouty is full of non-sequential, ill-informed gibberish. 
Member for 10 Years Blogger CK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2018, 10:25:42 am »
Oh, I see the circle thing too now.  Just press F4, and most likely it'll go away if you do it often enough. :)
"Perception forged in delusion and refined by pain"

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Killscreener DK Masters - Rank D CK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener