Author Topic: I discovered a DKJr technique that can net you over 10,000 points in the game  (Read 6267 times)

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
Here's the catch.  It's extremely boring.  Yes, I have managed to find a way to make Donkey Kong Junior even more boring.  So you thought jumping sparks was boring?  And you think jumping snappers is boring?  Well guess what?  You can do the same with the birds, and net yourself an extra 10,000 points in the game.  Sorry for discovering something that is makes the game even more boring.  It is what it is.  Basically you jump birds till you hit 000, and jump and extra 3 times.  Doing this all game makes an extra 10,000 points because when you jump with bonus left on the timer you tend to lose 200 to 300 points on the bonus timer.  So here's the technique.  Again I am extremely sorry for making a boring game even more boring at top level play.

« Last Edit: August 30, 2018, 09:37:35 pm by homerwannabee »
"Perception forged in delusion and refined by pain"

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank D DK Killscreener CK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener

Offline Barra

• Global Moderator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Pie Kicker
    • Awards
Yucky_d

Someone did actually ask about this during one of my games, I dismissed it as assumed the birds came out 1:1 with the timer

1.5m go

Edit: actually watching the video you didn't gain anything at all. If you finished the board you'd have gotten pretty much the same score
« Last Edit: August 30, 2018, 11:10:55 pm by Barra »
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank A DK 1.1M Point Scorer 1M on DK, DKJR, and DK3 Difficulty 3 DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener DKJR Killscreener DK 1M Point Scorer CK Killscreener DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline Jonesy

• Elite Member
    • Awards
Yawny_d

Not enough gain for the amount of boredom involved, it's bad enough without any extras.

Member for 11 Years DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
You lose two or three hundred on the bonus timer when you hit the rope.  Milking it to zero means you don't lose that bonus when you hit the rope.  Then you get an extra four hundred off the timer being zero.  So say it's 600 extra a level.  600 times 17, and you get 10,200 extra per game.
Like I said though it's extremely boring.  But if you are looking for an extra 10k it's an option.

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank D DK Killscreener CK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener

Offline Barra

• Global Moderator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Pie Kicker
    • Awards
If you'd had just finished here you would have had around 98600 or 98700. After the jumping you finished with 98700

Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank A DK 1.1M Point Scorer 1M on DK, DKJR, and DK3 Difficulty 3 DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener DKJR Killscreener DK 1M Point Scorer CK Killscreener DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
That's because you lose 100 if you don't jump right, and I'm still pretty new at it.  With practice you would get at least 600 points every level.

-Ross Benzinger

-Leon Shepard

Offline Barra

• Global Moderator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Pie Kicker
    • Awards
I just did it without missing anything and only gained 200

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
Oh wow, you are right.  It's not as much as I thought.  For some reason the timer isn't connected to the birds like I thought.  You lose 100 every thousand or so.  Yeah, never mind.   OK, I guess this isn't something to use unless you have only 2,000 or less on the bonus timer.

-Ross Benzinger

-Leon Shepard

Offline Barra

• Global Moderator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Pie Kicker
    • Awards
This idea could have merit on other boards. I'm sure Marky probably jumped out where possible to get a few hundo extra here and there

Offline xelnia

• Administrator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Stop using 0.106
    • Twitch
    • Awards
Secretsâ„¢ everywhere...
"Do not criticize, question, suggest or opine anything about an upcoming CAG event, no matter how constructive or positive your intent may be. You will find nothing but pain and frustration, trust me. Just go, or don't go, and :-X either way!" -ChrisP, 3/29/15
Member for 11 Years snek CK Killscreener DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer