Author Topic: Freezer mechanics  (Read 5760 times)

Offline ken

• Awards
Freezer mechanics
« on: June 17, 2018, 04:39:29 pm »
Hey all, could anyone direct me to a good past thread on the intricacies of freezers? I've done some searching but haven't found exactly what I'm looking for, which is mostly how they react with ladders on the rivet and pie stages. 

It seems like a lot of the pros will see them freezing on one girder, then understand that they're going to either drop or go up and re-freeze on the next girder, upon which they'll leech points from them without worry. However, I haven't been able to fully grasp a pattern for these yet, other than that freezers beneath you will stay at their last highest point. The up & down ladder freezers are beyond me though. Any advice on these is appreciated, thanks!
Member for 6 Years

Offline Weehawk

• Elite Member
  • Why not play some Space Panic today?
    • Golden Era Replay Page
    • Awards
Re: Freezer mechanics
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2018, 05:06:13 pm »
Did you find the discussion posted by Todd (qnz) Sabin and Dean (up2ng) Saglio in this thread?

http://www.classicarcadegaming.com/forums/index.php/topic,2081.msg26456.html#msg26456
Member for 10 Years

Offline dnickolas

• Awards
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2018, 01:50:16 am »
Cliffs Notes: If they start a freeze cycle they’ll freeze for up to about 7 jumps worth of time, then dart right and ascend or descend the first ladder, unless they freeze again before they get there.

So if they’re frozen on a ladder you can jump next to them knowing that when they finish they’ll climb it. If you’re above them and the ladder is down you break the cycle.

For more specifics read the thread that was linked by Weehawk. Or just go ask dean in his twitch since even though he hates dk these days he’s very friendly and helpful about it. Super nice dude.
Member for 7 Years DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline ken

• Awards
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2018, 11:38:13 am »
Sorry for my delayed response but just wanted to say thanks for all the tips and info. Lots of helpful stuff here, especially the 7 jumps time tip. Cheers.
Member for 6 Years