Author Topic: Justin Elliott: World Number One?  (Read 796 times)

Offline Matt

• Matt Gibbs DK_1981
    • Awards
Justin Elliott: World Number One?
« on: February 05, 2024, 03:59:43 pm »
Robbie Lakeman's 1,272,800 is under scrutiny, and not recognized on the Donkey Kong Forum High Score List.

John McCurdy's scores have been criticized by many for his anonymity. The whole "Mr. X" thing and all.

Usually people fall into one of these players sides, or just really don't care to be honest.

However, I don't know of anyone questioning the validity of Justin's scores. If you were to discredit the other two's scores... he's number one!

Kind of a strange honor, but one might argue he is higher than number three!

No matter how you look at it, Justin had an awesome game, and I'm sure he'll take the number one spot very soon!

Congratulations!!

:D :D
I put in my coin and it didn't do anything!!!!
Member for 5 Years Twitch Streamer

Online Dallas Taylor

• Awards
Re: Justin Elliott: World Number One?
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2024, 04:17:52 pm »
Robbie's top score isn't recognized here because he announced his attempt to manipulate the game by adjusting the voltage through the power supply. If he hadn't pissed and moaned about the possibility that other players were gaining an advantage, then bragged about his efforts to do the same, I think his score might be recognized.

Regarding Mr. McCurdy, I've never heard any objections or complaints about how he goes about his business. That being said, I've only been part of this community for a few short years now.

As for Mr. Finkel... Justin is just a better cheater  ;D ;D ;D <stirpot>

Seriously though, having regularly watched his play for however long I've followed him, I say that he is one of the greatest classic gamers I've ever seen, and he may be THE greatest.

His ability to parse these games into easily digestible pieces and then maximize what can be done with those pieces is incredible. In addition, rather than hide his gameplay and daring others to figure out how he does what he does, he happily explains how he does it in great detail to anyone who is interested in improving their own game.

So, he's a ridiculously talented gamer and a really good human being. I'll gladly use my walker to smack the shit out of anyone who says otherwise.
Member for 4 Years DKJR Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline johnbart

• Awards
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2024, 06:40:28 pm »
John McCurdy's scores have been criticized by many for his anonymity. The whole "Mr. X" thing and all.

Who is this "many"? How can you call someone anonymous when you call them by their name?
Member for 10 Years CAGTournaments.com Founder Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline Simpsons99

• Brian *The Big Bird Hater * Allen
    • Simpsons99 Gaming
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2024, 07:23:13 pm »
Yeah just it..  Before it was Control Panel had to be a certain way....  Now they found another reason why not to put people's scores in.

Power Output has never to do with the players being able to put up the kind of Score Robbie did.  It's a complete disrespect that his score is not 1.
Donkey Kong 880,500 Kill Screen
Donkey Kong Junior 1,073,800 Kill screen
Donkey Kong 3  1,596,000
Crazy Kong 566,600  Kill screen.

http://www.twitch.tv/simpsons99
You Tube: Simpsons99 Gaming
Discord: Simpsons99 Gaming
Member for 9 Years DK Masters - Rank D CK Killscreener DK Killscreener DKJR Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline Weehawk

• Elite Member
  • Why not play some Space Panic today?
    • Golden Era Replay Page
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2024, 10:06:19 pm »
I don't care who...I just want to see someone get the top spot again using MAME.

Disapprovers' tears were delicious...DELICIOUS I TELL YOU!!!!!!  Kreygasm

Member for 10 Years

Offline Lyriell

• Awards
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2024, 11:59:00 pm »
Nobody had any doubts as to the ability of any of those players.

I think I can fairly say that I have some understanding of what they have accomplished and they are all extremely talented individuals and nobody should doubt any of those scores.

Member for 6 Years DK 1.2M Point Scorer CK Killscreener DK 1.1M Point Scorer DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2024, 03:28:58 am »
Robbie Lakeman is as close to Bobby Fischer that the Donkey Kong community is going to get. Absolutely tremendous player who I believe is the greatest Donkey Kong player of all time. 
He proved his worth in score, and in competition.
I might have problems with Robbie the person, but I'll always have the utmost respect for his gameplay.
I have to say that Matt is starting to remind me of me. This is the type of post I'd make.
One that tries to bring a new perspective on a post to get people to reaccess general accepted thinking
The good thing for you is I've posted so many hot takes over the years that your hot take posts will seem mild in comparison.  8)
"Perception forged in delusion and refined by pain"

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank D DK Killscreener CK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener

Offline Matt

• Matt Gibbs DK_1981
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2024, 11:04:39 pm »
I like how both sides seem upset with me, instead of them both agreeing on some of it.

Thanks George, you're the man!
I put in my coin and it didn't do anything!!!!
Member for 5 Years Twitch Streamer