Author Topic: The DK Masters Information and Submission Thread  (Read 39126 times)

Offline Barra

• Global Moderator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Pie Kicker
    • Awards
Re: The DK Masters Information and Submission Thread
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2017, 02:41:00 pm »
Heres a (very crude) excel spreadsheet which you can enter your PB and it'll give you the rank associated with each
Easy way to keep track of where you're at, keeping everything in one place and easily updated if you improve :)

I'd like it to return an OVERALL RANK based on the lowest values in the "meets rank req'd" field but couldn't get it to work, unsure if I was using the right function (LOOKUP?)
Be sure to use the correct annotation (KS, RBS or N) and update both columns as it looks for the higher rank first

Also Score and KS/RBS are independent in the Masters criteria so if your current PB isnt a KS or RBS but you've achieved those previously you still qualify, so make sure to put that in the spreadsheet too!

:)

EDIT: By converting the Ranks to numbers I was able to get it to show the lowest value. Theres probably a better way to do it. Updated spreadsheet attached

Edit Edit: Doesn't take into account if you haven't earned one of the ranks. Better get your scores up if you want it to work
Should be fixed now
« Last Edit: November 21, 2017, 03:50:06 pm by Barra »
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank A DK 1.1M Point Scorer 1M on DK, DKJR, and DK3 Difficulty 3 DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener DKJR Killscreener DK 1M Point Scorer CK Killscreener DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline Barra

• Global Moderator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Pie Kicker
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2017, 05:47:28 pm »
If George S (for example) gets an RBS on easy (for Rank B requirements), but does NOT have 1m on Hard, does he qualify for Rank C since he already has the requirement for a higher Rank?

(similarly if someone has 750k in CK but no KS, do they qualify for rank D or only the other 3)
« Last Edit: November 21, 2017, 05:50:47 pm by Barra »
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank A DK 1.1M Point Scorer 1M on DK, DKJR, and DK3 Difficulty 3 DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener DKJR Killscreener DK 1M Point Scorer CK Killscreener DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline xelnia

• Administrator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Stop using 0.106
    • Twitch
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2017, 05:59:40 pm »
If George S (for example) gets an RBS on easy (for Rank B requirements), but does NOT have 1m on Hard, does he qualify for Rank C since he already has the requirement for a higher Rank?

(similarly if someone has 750k in CK but no KS, do they qualify for rank D or only the other 3)

Yes. Achieving the requirement for a harder Rank will count for any lower Rank as well. The idea still revolves around doing something progressively more difficulty for each Rank. If you can get 750k in CK, you clearly have the skill for a KS. How do you really use a score for the Rank D platformers, right? An easy CK KS could be 450k or 605k, for example. In my learned opinion, people have had an easier time getting the DK3 1M on Hard then getting the Easy RBS, so getting an RBS should qualify you for any of the 1M requirements.
"Do not criticize, question, suggest or opine anything about an upcoming CAG event, no matter how constructive or positive your intent may be. You will find nothing but pain and frustration, trust me. Just go, or don't go, and :-X either way!" -ChrisP, 3/29/15
Member for 11 Years snek CK Killscreener DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline Barra

• Global Moderator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Pie Kicker
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2017, 06:23:20 pm »
Yes. Achieving the requirement for a harder Rank will count for any lower Rank as well. The idea still revolves around doing something progressively more difficulty for each Rank. If you can get 750k in CK, you clearly have the skill for a KS. How do you really use a score for the Rank D platformers, right? An easy CK KS could be 450k or 605k, for example. In my learned opinion, people have had an easier time getting the DK3 1M on Hard then getting the Easy RBS, so getting an RBS should qualify you for any of the 1M requirements.

OK cool. Wasn't sure how <lexmark> you wanted to be.
Definitely agree that RBS easy is much harder than 1m hard. Easy accept, etc

Offline ChrisP

• Spring Jumper
  • I'm going to jump next to your leg.
    • Donkey Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2018, 01:40:48 am »
I like that there's only 6 people on this leaderboard, and that I got on there without even meaning to get on there.  Kappa
http://donkeykongblog.blogspot.com

4 Quarters :-* - 800K Avg. Per Qtr. :o - No Restarts 8) - No Proof :'(

7/26/2013   Coin 35,946   710,800   18-1
7/28/2013   Coin 35,947   903,700   22-1
8/16/2013   Coin 35,948   694,100   17-6
8/17/2013   Coin 35,949   893,100   22-1

3,201,700: the $1 World Record?
Member for 11 Years DK Masters - Rank D DKJR Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer DK Killscreener CK Killscreener

Offline Sqrlmonger

• Awards
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2018, 04:43:30 pm »
I really like this idea, but I wanted to suggest you expand on it.  As it sits I think this is a missed opportunity.

Offering some levels like:

Quote from: Suggested Ranks
******Rank Amateur******

Congratulations! You've demonstrated a VERY basic level of competency on all four games. Will you stay here, counting your high scores, or will you take the next step?

To achieve Rank Amateur, players must:
  • Achieve 600,000 points in Donkey Kong
  • Achieve 700,000 points in Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Achieve 600,000 points in Donkey Kong 3, on Easy/Difficulty 1, with 3 starting lives, and bonus lives every 30,000 points
  • Achieve 400,000 points in Crazy Kong

Players in this category will be ranked by the date when they achieve the ranking, earliest first.

******Rank Challenger******

Congratulations! You've demonstrated a VERY basic level of competency on all four games. Will you stay here, counting your high scores, or will you take the next step?

To achieve Rank Challenger, players must:
  • Achieve 800,000 points in Donkey Kong
  • Achieve 900,000 points in Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Achieve 800,000 points in Donkey Kong 3, on Easy/Difficulty 1, with 3 starting lives, and bonus lives every 30,000 points
  • Achieve 525,000 points in Crazy Kong

Players in this category will be ranked by the date when they achieve the ranking, earliest first.

This would get people who can't compete with the top players to push themselves just to get on the list.  This in turn gets them involved and leads to more people playing more DK.  Some of them may stick around and push up the ranks. Etc..Etc..

Yes it is a bit more effort to track the additional scores but if the idea is to promote DK play, then it should be worth the effort!

PS - Come on, you know you love the "Rank Amateur" category!!
Member for 6 Years

Offline xelnia

• Administrator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Stop using 0.106
    • Twitch
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2018, 02:54:57 am »
Andrew Barrow just scored 1,167,000 on DKJR, making him the second person to reach Rank C!

His official dates for Rank C are as follows:

DK 1M: 2015-08-14
DKJR 1.1M: 2018-08-27
DK3 1M-D3: 2017-12-30
CK 650k: 2018-08-22

Andrew actually did a 1M DK3 score within the last couple of days, but it doesn't currently affect the calculation of his Rank Score, which is C-1110.

The DKM leaderboard has been updated. Congrats sir!
"Do not criticize, question, suggest or opine anything about an upcoming CAG event, no matter how constructive or positive your intent may be. You will find nothing but pain and frustration, trust me. Just go, or don't go, and :-X either way!" -ChrisP, 3/29/15
Member for 11 Years snek CK Killscreener DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline xelnia

• Administrator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Stop using 0.106
    • Twitch
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2018, 01:20:01 am »
Updated the Requirements post with badge images and a clarification on the Rank S rules/ranking.

Offline xelnia

• Administrator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Stop using 0.106
    • Twitch
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2019, 10:12:38 pm »
Estel Goffinet is our newest DK Master! He has achieved Rank D with a score of 1,185,300 on DK3 (Easy/Difficulty 1).

I believe these are his "first" dates (Estel, please correct me if I'm wrong):

DK KS: 2011-03-01
JR KS: 2016-04-02
DK3 1M-D1: 2019-04-08
CK KS: 2013-10-31

Congrats sir! Now for Rank C and beyond!

Offline xelnia

• Administrator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Stop using 0.106
    • Twitch
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2019, 11:59:19 pm »
Phil Tudose has joined the ranks of DK Masters! He has achieved Rank D with a score of 1,285,100 on DK3 (Easy/Difficulty 1). Congrats sir!

As best as I can tell, these are his "firsts":

DK KS: 2013-02-22
JR KS: 2019-04-10
DK3 1M-D1: 2019-04-20
CK KS: 2011-01-02

Phil is already hard at work on Rank C, and he could slide in above Andrew Barrow on the Rank C leaderboard!

Offline GILLYKONG

• Awards
« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2019, 07:17:40 pm »
Ranky D put me in Jry  Kreygasm
Member for 8 Years DK Remix Killscreener DK Masters - Rank D DKJR Killscreener CK Killscreener DK Killscreener DKJR Remix Killscreener DKJR Remix World Record Holder Twitch Streamer

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2019, 07:45:37 pm »
Great job!  8)
"Perception forged in delusion and refined by pain"

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Killscreener DK Masters - Rank D CK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener

Offline Barra

• Global Moderator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Pie Kicker
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2019, 09:25:16 pm »
GILLLAYYY!!! Yes!

Knew you'd do this one pretty quick mate. Beast!!

Rankayyy C next :)

Offline muscleandfitness

• Pie Kicker
  • Elite Member
  • Wall jump WR Holder x3
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: May 02, 2020, 02:30:21 pm »
Steve PLSNot a valid vimeo URL
59 wall jumps new world record on mame
55 wall jumps on a cab New World Record
longest convener ride in dk history New World Record
World Record for standing behind oil can until end of lev
A Reverse finish on Rivet  board. 12 ks's HS 992900
Member for 11 Years DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline xelnia

• Administrator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Stop using 0.106
    • Twitch
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: May 17, 2020, 10:23:12 pm »
Mat McGill has now officially joined the ranks of the DK Masters! This makes him the 10th Master! He has achieved Rank D with a score of 593,800 on Crazy Kong, using arcade hardware. Congrats sir!

Mat's qualifying scores are as follows:

DK KS: 2018-08-27
JR KS: 2019-08-08
DK3 1M-D1: 2018-03-15
CK KS: 2020-05-13

Onward to Rank C!