Author Topic: Misc Donkey Kong Challenges  (Read 88603 times)

Offline tudose

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
Re: Misc Donkey Kong Challenges
« Reply #60 on: July 26, 2013, 12:48:49 pm »
a few submissions for the Bottom Girder Challenge...

6500 survival, 7100 non-survival, and 20600 total

an interesting note during my 7100 non-survival man. dean noticed that no blue barrels were released at 3300 OR 2500...a blue barrel was released at 4100 and the next one was not released until 1700
Member for 11 Years Former CK World Record Holder - MAME DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DK Masters - Rank D DKJR Killscreener DK 1.1M Point Scorer IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member Blogger Winner of a community event DK Killscreener DK 1M Point Scorer CK Killscreener Twitch Streamer Former DK Level 1-1 World Record Holder

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #61 on: July 26, 2013, 05:58:24 pm »
Holy. Cow.

Updating now.

I guess it's time for Ethan and I to up are game and give you some pressure on this challenge! Did you enjoy the challenge? By your score, it seems you did!

Also: When are you gonna destroy my Wild Barrel Hack (unofficial) score? Hmmmm....?

I know you can!  ;D
"Thou hast made us for Thyself, and our heart is restless until it finds its rest in Thee." -Augustine, Confessions.
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline tudose

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #62 on: July 26, 2013, 06:17:29 pm »
yeah man im having a lot of fun with the BGC. its great. ill fire up some wild barrel hack tmrw as well. im going to take a few days off from 1.1m attempts as i cant seem to find a start anywhere lol
Member for 11 Years Former CK World Record Holder - MAME DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DK Masters - Rank D DKJR Killscreener DK 1.1M Point Scorer IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member Blogger Winner of a community event DK Killscreener DK 1M Point Scorer CK Killscreener Twitch Streamer Former DK Level 1-1 World Record Holder

Offline f_symbols

• Spring Jumper
  • wht u mean
    • Awards
« Reply #63 on: July 27, 2013, 09:52:01 am »
CLEARLY, the BGC is the shit.  That is all, TY
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member Winner of a community event Former DK Remix World Record Holder DK Remix Killscreener IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK 1M Point Scorer IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member Blogger DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #64 on: July 27, 2013, 10:18:06 am »
*This post is meant, for the time being, for me to use to test out some of my overhaul stuff for the first post. Just ignore it*
« Last Edit: July 27, 2013, 11:42:43 am by marinomitch13 »
"Thou hast made us for Thyself, and our heart is restless until it finds its rest in Thee." -Augustine, Confessions.
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #65 on: August 03, 2013, 11:46:15 am »
Yer buddy! Got the 4000 bonus challenge today while streaming: http://www.twitch.tv/marinomitch13/c/2685747

I also completed 1-2 with 3700 on the bonus timer. Wondering if anyone can beat this. I think there are some other routes that may be faster yet. http://www.twitch.tv/marinomitch13/c/2685814
« Last Edit: August 03, 2013, 11:48:05 am by marinomitch13 »

Offline stella_blue

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #66 on: August 03, 2013, 01:41:00 pm »
Yer buddy! Got the 4000 bonus challenge today while streaming: http://www.twitch.tv/marinomitch13/c/2685747

Hey Mitch, one small correction to your audio commentary:

My successful completion of the DK 4000 Challenge involved 4 barrel jumps, not 3.   :)

DK 4000 Challenge on Level 1-1

DK High Score 
  (L22-1)
DK Level 1-1 
DK No Hammer 
  (L15-2)
Member for 11 Years Most Time Online DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #67 on: August 30, 2013, 02:41:41 pm »
Added 'most points on 1-1 with no blue smashes'.

I realize that some of the scores are out-dated -especially the one's I just copied and pasted from CAGDC. If anyone looks over the list and sees that a score is missing, please post it in this thread. It's a lot less work for me, since I don't have to go around asking everyone. Thanks!

Offline xelnia

• Administrator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Stop using 0.106
    • Twitch
    • Awards
« Reply #68 on: October 07, 2013, 06:27:17 am »
Two "challenge" ideas I was thinking about...more like jokes, I think.  ;)

1) The F10 Challenge (MAME Only)

Load up US Set 1, press F10, and see how high you can get. I've yet to grab the bottom hammer.  ;D

2) The $10 Challenge

Similar to ChrisP's "$1 World Record." How many points can you score with one roll of quarters? It would have be the total or average score from 40 consecutive credit drops...maybe the closest thing to a marathonable DK, without using the KS-fix hack. Or maybe it doesn't have to be 40 credits in one sitting, just a person's previous 40 attempts.  :P
"Do not criticize, question, suggest or opine anything about an upcoming CAG event, no matter how constructive or positive your intent may be. You will find nothing but pain and frustration, trust me. Just go, or don't go, and :-X either way!" -ChrisP, 3/29/15
Member for 11 Years snek CK Killscreener IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline gstrain

• Awards
« Reply #69 on: October 07, 2013, 11:01:46 am »
"challenge" ideas I was thinking about...more like jokes, I think.  ;)

1) The F10 Challenge (MAME Only)

Load up US Set 1, press F10, and see how high you can get. I've yet to grab the bottom hammer.  ;D
This one has a couple of problems.  First, on a fast machine you have no chance at all so it isn't interesting.  Second, F10 has MAME run without throttle, so with a lower-end PC it won't run as fast as on a high-end PC, so not everybody would be playing at the same speed.

In recent versions of MAME though there is a "-speed" option that lets you specify a specific speed to run at.  For example if in the command line you use "mame dkong -speed 2" it will have everything run twice as fast.  This would actually be a good challenge I think.  Note that the -speed option isn't supported in MAME .106 as it was added later, so you can't do this with WolfMAME .106.  I'm not sure exactly when it was added to MAME, but it definitely isn't in .106 and it is in .126 and later.  Also, if you use the GUI front-end to MAME it may not be as easy to run with the -speed option.

Regardless, I'll propose the actual challenge of playing Donkey Kong in MAME using the -speed 2 option.

-George
Member for 11 Years DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member Twitch Streamer

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #70 on: October 14, 2013, 02:51:45 am »
Ben and Jason have been doing some work on some of the Challenges tonight. We even came up with a new one, if anyone fancies to try it! ;D : Try to smash a barrel on the first girder!

Here's a quick pic I made of maybe (?) the fastest Rivet pattern (excluding utilizing the 'touch-and-go' technique) for anyone who wants to try to get more than my 3700 bonus left on the 1-2 rivets!

EDIT: After Jason did some experimenting on stream, it seems that using the touch-and-go method with this pattern on the top two rivets, one could get 3800!
« Last Edit: October 14, 2013, 03:23:30 am by marinomitch13 »

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #71 on: October 14, 2013, 04:27:14 am »
Here's another pattern that may be just as good as the first. It essentially trades a ladder for more horizontal distance. One thing to keep in mind is that if you are not using the touch-and-go method, this one may be significantly more efficient, since jumping back across a gap wastes distance because your jump is much farther than a rivet gap width -so it may be more advantageous to jump over the 2nd-highest right rivet hole, since, in this case, any excess jumping distance would already be on your way towards crossing the screen anyway.

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #72 on: December 14, 2013, 09:45:23 pm »
I added in Ethan getting two fireballs trapped in one rivet hole (from KO3) and Allen's recent 35 wall-jumps off the top platform on the rivet stage.

Well done, gentlemen!

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #73 on: December 16, 2013, 09:47:38 pm »
Added Ethan's 43 1-2 top platform wall-jumps! Woot!

Offline xelnia

• Administrator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Stop using 0.106
    • Twitch
    • Awards
« Reply #74 on: December 28, 2013, 05:00:26 pm »
I have watched and verified(?) Allen's 57 Riviot Wall Jumps. The INP is attached below. Let us all celebrate the passing of this great challenge into the history books, never to be beaten or attempted again. RIP Riviot Wall Jumps.

"Do not criticize, question, suggest or opine anything about an upcoming CAG event, no matter how constructive or positive your intent may be. You will find nothing but pain and frustration, trust me. Just go, or don't go, and :-X either way!" -ChrisP, 3/29/15
Member for 11 Years snek CK Killscreener IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer