Author Topic: The rise in competition with Crazy Kong  (Read 5607 times)

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
The rise in competition with Crazy Kong
« on: September 16, 2016, 11:39:02 am »
Of all games I think Crazy Kong has had the biggest boost in competition over the past six years.  Six years ago Crazy Kong was thought of beneath certain Donkey Kong players to play.
In fact I remember a 900k player in his 40s chastised because he dared to put up a good score on the game.  Someone posted how it was best left to the "kids".  To play.  Kids being the couple of 20 year olds who were playing it.  I thought the notion extremely stupid,and I am glad that the big  guns of Phil, West, and Robbie took on the challenge.
Now I believe that the title of best player on either Arcade or MAME is pretty prestigious in regards to the four 80s Kong games.
It's nice to see tournaments for it, and the competition raised to a higher level.
"Perception forged in delusion and refined by pain"

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank D DK Killscreener CK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener

WCopeland

Re: The rise in competition with Crazy Kong
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2016, 11:50:53 am »
It's an exciting game to play -- I'm hoping to have a direct capture setup going on my PCB for the tournament, but I'm not sure if the equipment I ordered will arrive in time. If not, I'll play on MAME I guess.

Offline Barra

• Global Moderator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Pie Kicker
    • Awards
Re: The rise in competition with Crazy Kong
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2016, 06:26:15 pm »
Go sirs
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank A DK 1.1M Point Scorer 1M on DK, DKJR, and DK3 Difficulty 3 DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener DKJR Killscreener DK 1M Point Scorer CK Killscreener DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer