Author Topic: Metal Slug Discussion  (Read 4349 times)

Offline xelnia

• Administrator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Stop using 0.106
    • Twitch
    • Awards
Metal Slug Discussion
« on: July 04, 2016, 05:15:04 pm »
Thread for Metal Slug strategy and tips.

Chosen by: Twin Galaxies

ROMset: mslug (requires neogeo) (Play on RU)
BIOS: Default (Europe MVS Ver. 2)
Internal Defaults
----------------------
Hero: 3
Difficulty: Level 4
Play Time: 60
Blood: ON or OFF
"Do not criticize, question, suggest or opine anything about an upcoming CAG event, no matter how constructive or positive your intent may be. You will find nothing but pain and frustration, trust me. Just go, or don't go, and :-X either way!" -ChrisP, 3/29/15
Member for 11 Years snek CK Killscreener DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline aarontruitt

• Elite Member
    • AaronTruitt's Twitch
    • Awards
Re: Metal Slug Discussion
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2016, 09:14:17 pm »
Hey Jry or Anybody,

Can't seem to get metal slug to run in .175 and I have neogeo.zip in my roms folder. Anybody know what the issue could be? Thanks!

Arcade DK PB: 1,007,600 (KS)
Member for 8 Years CK Killscreener DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline xelnia

• Administrator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Stop using 0.106
    • Twitch
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2016, 10:03:09 pm »
Hey Jry or Anybody,

Can't seem to get metal slug to run in .175 and I have neogeo.zip in my roms folder. Anybody know what the issue could be? Thanks!

Are you using the roms from the 175 pack I posted? neogeo has changed over the years so if you have an older version it won't work.
"Do not criticize, question, suggest or opine anything about an upcoming CAG event, no matter how constructive or positive your intent may be. You will find nothing but pain and frustration, trust me. Just go, or don't go, and :-X either way!" -ChrisP, 3/29/15
Member for 11 Years snek CK Killscreener DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline aarontruitt

• Elite Member
    • AaronTruitt's Twitch
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2016, 10:21:21 pm »
Yes, I am using the roms you provided. Daniel showed me how to load MAME in the command line instead of UI and it seems to be working! Thanks Jerry and Daniel. Now I just have to not suck at all of these games!
Arcade DK PB: 1,007,600 (KS)
Member for 8 Years CK Killscreener DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline Barra

• Global Moderator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Pie Kicker
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2016, 11:27:55 am »
There are hidden prisoners on each stage
If you capture all of the prisoners (usually around 10), you'll get 100k bonus at the end of the stage. You also get another 10k if you have the tank at the end of the stage
If you die, you lose all of your prisoners.

After work Ill update with locations of the prisoners (cant remember myself), but for the first stage they are just after you drive up the waterfall/creek thing (right before the boss), shoot the rocks above and you'll see your shots hitting something. There are 4 prisoners up there

:)
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank A DK 1.1M Point Scorer 1M on DK, DKJR, and DK3 Difficulty 3 DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener DKJR Killscreener DK 1M Point Scorer CK Killscreener DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline Barra

• Global Moderator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Pie Kicker
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2016, 01:48:54 am »
Here's the hidden prisoner locations for the first two levels. Just shoot these areas and the prisoners will drop down/come out.
You can have 400k+ after 2 levels if done right. With more point pressing and if you get both 50k items, you can have over 500k after 2. Lit
I'll get to the rest eventually

Level 1:

Level 2:
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank A DK 1.1M Point Scorer 1M on DK, DKJR, and DK3 Difficulty 3 DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener DKJR Killscreener DK 1M Point Scorer CK Killscreener DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer