Author Topic: General IGBY Discussion  (Read 19431 times)

Offline xelnia

• Administrator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Stop using 0.106
    • Twitch
    • Awards
General IGBY Discussion
« on: June 24, 2016, 04:51:19 pm »
Topic for general tournament discussion: who will play what, overall tournament strategy, scoreboard analysis, etc.
"Do not criticize, question, suggest or opine anything about an upcoming CAG event, no matter how constructive or positive your intent may be. You will find nothing but pain and frustration, trust me. Just go, or don't go, and :-X either way!" -ChrisP, 3/29/15
Member for 11 Years snek CK Killscreener DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline krehztim

• Elite Member
    • Awards
Re: General IGBY Discussion
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2016, 08:13:24 pm »
Are you pulling in people who don't have DKF accounts, like Jerky?  He's on RU.  I can pass along info to him if need be.
Donkey Kong (US Set 1) - 542,800
Donkey Kong Start - 111,100
Crazy Kong Pt II - 590,800 (KS)
Member for 8 Years Blogger CK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline xelnia

• Administrator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Stop using 0.106
    • Twitch
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2016, 08:22:39 pm »
Everyone on the team currently has a DKF account and has access to this sub-forum, with the exception of Krogman. He doesn't seem to have an account here.  <confused> So, all people need to do is log on to DKF to access/read/discuss the IGBY stuff.
"Do not criticize, question, suggest or opine anything about an upcoming CAG event, no matter how constructive or positive your intent may be. You will find nothing but pain and frustration, trust me. Just go, or don't go, and :-X either way!" -ChrisP, 3/29/15
Member for 11 Years snek CK Killscreener DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline xelnia

• Administrator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Stop using 0.106
    • Twitch
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2016, 08:37:47 am »
If you haven't already, I recommend downloading WolfMAME 0.175 and getting a feel for it:

https://github.com/mahlemiut/wolfmame/releases/tag/wolf175

Download the 7z zip archive on that page and unzip it into any folder to install.

Acceptable platforms for this competition are WolfMAME 0.106, WolfMAME 0.175, and Retro Uprising...however, not all the games work appropriately in 106 or RU (I know the games list).

Offline Barra

• Global Moderator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Pie Kicker
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2016, 09:05:20 am »
If you haven't already, I recommend downloading WolfMAME 0.175 and getting a feel for it:

https://github.com/mahlemiut/wolfmame/releases/tag/wolf175

Download the 7z zip archive on that page and unzip it into any folder to install.

Acceptable platforms for this competition are WolfMAME 0.106, WolfMAME 0.175, and Retro Uprising...however, not all the games work appropriately in 106 or RU (I know the games list).

Kreygasm

Is there going to be a download for all of the applicable ROMs?
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank A DK 1.1M Point Scorer 1M on DK, DKJR, and DK3 Difficulty 3 DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener DKJR Killscreener DK 1M Point Scorer CK Killscreener DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline xelnia

• Administrator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Stop using 0.106
    • Twitch
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2016, 09:52:59 am »
Is there going to be a download for all of the applicable ROMs?

Of course.  <Tim>

Offline xelnia

• Administrator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Stop using 0.106
    • Twitch
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2016, 05:19:17 pm »
Game list is out! There are now individual threads for discussion about each game. Good luck mates, kick some ass!

106 pack
175 pack

Games UNAVAILABLE in WolfMAME 106
Ketsui
Marvel vs. Capcom
VS. Super Mario Bros.

Games UNAVAILABLE at Retro Uprising
Big Kong
Ketsui
Mortal Kombat
Paperboy
VS. Super Mario Bros.
Zero Time

Offline QAOP Spaceman

• Elite Member
  • ®
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2016, 06:25:52 am »

Thx for the packs of ROMs Jry  Kreygasm

Good luck, cobbas!
Member for 10 Years Blogger CK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline xelnia

• Administrator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Stop using 0.106
    • Twitch
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2016, 10:54:08 am »
I'll be tracking our progress in a fancy spreadsheet:

IGBY 2016 DKF Scoreboard

"DKF Top 8" tab is a breakdown of our top 8 scores on each game, color-coded to show our strongest (green) to weakest (red) games. The "Team Standings" tab is another breakdown of our points per game, plus a small comparison of all the teams. I plan to update it several times a day throughout the contest. Let me know if you want any other information. It's pretty useless this early on, but it's there for those that are interested.

Offline xelnia

• Administrator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Stop using 0.106
    • Twitch
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2016, 03:03:59 pm »
We're a few hours away from the halfway point in the tourney. As of this post, Team DKF is in 2nd place behind MARP, trailing by 242 points. We have 8 submissions on each game and so far we're the only team that does. This means MARP will pull ahead even more if they fill out their scoreboard on their remaining games (MK, Pandora's, Paperboy). Worst case scenario, they could pull ahead by 508 points. That's truly worst case...they would need to get the maximum points with their remaining 5 slots. They could definitely push it over 400 though.

So, let's go good I reckon...and everything or whatever.

Dinos
1943 Kai
SF2
Metamorphic Morphing Beast Force

Offline VON

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2016, 03:38:28 pm »
I'll be rampaging through the scoreboard over the next two weeks.  I've only submitted 3 scores so far, but I promise that will change in the near future.

I'm also paying a visit to Kasper tonight to make sure he is equipped with the proper MAME and all the necessary roms, so expect more participation from him as well.

We ain't out of it yet.  Let's finish strong, mates.

Offline Barra

• Global Moderator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Pie Kicker
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2016, 06:32:48 pm »
Kreygasm and Kreygasm

Keep going good, mates
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank A DK 1.1M Point Scorer 1M on DK, DKJR, and DK3 Difficulty 3 DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener DKJR Killscreener DK 1M Point Scorer CK Killscreener DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline krehztim

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2016, 06:48:08 pm »
If we can get a few more people to submit just 5-6 games, that'd help.  I've got some time tomorrow, but then I'm out for a few days.  There's still over 2 weeks left - that's more than enough time.  I'm probably laying low on games like Pandora and Big Kong until closer to the end.  Not sandbagging, but also not going to beat someone by 10k and giving them motivation to play again right now.  We CAN do this!

Offline krehztim

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2016, 07:01:55 pm »
XELNIA - you're the data guru.  Maybe you can fix up a table to show the games we can make the most up vs. MARP, or the ones where it might be bordering on futile.  I think it's still a little early, but when there's a week or so left, it'd be nice to have a more targeted list of games where we can more easily add points to DKF while at the same time taking points from MARP. 

Offline jerky

• Awards
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2016, 12:50:36 am »
Are you pulling in people who don't have DKF accounts, like Jerky?  He's on RU.  I can pass along info to him if need be.

Hello all. Sorry I am late!
Member for 7 Years