Related Games > Donkey Kong 3

Thoughts on a Sealed NES Donkey Kong 3, and my record.

(1/3) > >>

homerwannabee:
As you can see from the link I have provided this game sealed was sold for $5355 plus shipping.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sealed-NES-Donkey-Kong-3-RARE-NINTENDO-NOS-/150960235785

Now the question becomes which is more valuable having the Donkey Kong 3 record or having this video game?  I am positive that 99.9 percent of the population including members of this board would go with the sealed blackbox Donkey Kong 3 game.

But let's think about this for a second.  Is it actually more prestigious to own a sealed NES Donkey Kong 3 game?   Truth is this, there are probably at least 100 sealed Donkey Kong 3 black box NES games in existence.   There is only one record holder for Donkey Kong 3 Arcade which of course is me.  Owning this game sealed will not make a collection stand out from anyone else.  It's nice in a collection, but it is no Sealed Myriad 6 in 1, or sealed Flintstones at Dinasour peak, or gold NWC cartridge.  I mean there is probably at least 50 people out there that can also brag about having a sealed Donkey Kong 3 game.

Owning this game is not going to get you any recognition by any newspaper or book for that matter.  Having this record has gotten me recognition in Two Guiness Book of World records gamers editions.

And finally all owning this game means is one of two things.  Either A) Super lucky to find this at a yard sale/or bought this game 10 years ago when the prices were way less, or B) You have a lot of money at your disposal. 

Owning the Donkey Kong 3 record on the other hand has everything to do with a tremendous amount of skill that one has acquired through extreme effort.

Of course I am not fool, and realize that money is the trump card in this equation, but the reality of the matter is this.  You take out the money, and look at everything else, and owning the Donkey Kong 3 record is way more important than owning a sealed blackbox Donkey Kong 3.   

TheSunshineFund:
My preference would be a sealed DK Jr Math cart signed by George Leutz.

giv:
If Mark Alpiger and I signed Bill's Legend of Zelda cart, that would be worth something.

Or a signed picture of Mark holding the cart and giving it the "thumbs down."

giv:
Beating Brian Allen to the punch.

homerwannabee:
George Leutz trolling Brain Allen is like Eminem when he trolled Insane Clown Posse.  I don't think it has sunk in for George that he just did an 84 hour marathon, and now is Billy Mitchell, Steve Wiebe type of status.  No point in messing with the plebes. ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version