Author Topic: Who is Stanley the Bugman?  (Read 7508 times)

Offline marky_d

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
Member for 11 Years DK 1.1M Point Scorer DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Former DKJR World Record Holder - Arcade DKJR Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline f_symbols

• Spring Jumper
  • wht u mean
    • Awards
Re: Who is Stanley the Bugman?
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2015, 05:41:49 am »
 <confused>
Member for 11 Years Former DK Remix World Record Holder DK Remix Killscreener DK 1M Point Scorer Blogger DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2015, 06:19:20 am »
Some incorrect things like 1986 being Stanley's first appearance.  Also Donkey Kong Junior has had a very limited appearance.  In fact it might be worse than Stanley's.  There is a character called Diddy Kong, but that is not Junior.  Diddy completely replaces him.
Having said that I did not know Greenhouse had the character referred to as Stanley.  That is cool information to know. 

edit: nevermind, it appears that Donkey Kong Junior did have a few games where he had a significant role.  My bad.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 07:10:02 am by homerwannabee »
"Perception forged in delusion and refined by pain"

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank D DK Killscreener CK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener

Offline Ninglendo

• Awards
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2015, 04:03:07 pm »
Actually if you follow the timeline from the SNES games Cranky Kong is the original DK and the DK we all know and love now days with the red tie is Junior. So really Junior has made more appearances than Stanley and Donkey Kong combined.
Member for 11 Years Blogger

Offline marky_d

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2015, 12:17:55 am »
Yeah, I wasn't aware of the Greenhouse game at all, or at least I don't remember it anyways. So, Stanley had his own game and was moving up in the world and going to get his own arcade game and Nintendo decides to stuff Donkey Kong in there. Probably a poor decision in hindsight, but I can understand why they did it. Poor Stanley, he could have been a star in Greenhouse and we may have been treated to sequels like Greenhouse 2 or Stanley Bros or something.  :(
Member for 11 Years DK 1.1M Point Scorer DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Former DKJR World Record Holder - Arcade DKJR Killscreener Twitch Streamer

FrizzleFried

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2017, 12:56:32 pm »

Offline CaptainJivePants

• Teter
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2017, 01:51:33 pm »
Actually if you follow the timeline from the SNES games Cranky Kong is the original DK and the DK we all know and love now days with the red tie is Junior. So really Junior has made more appearances than Stanley and Donkey Kong combined.

Wrong. Jr wears a onesie. He would never sell out and wear a tie. I don't care who wrote it, they are incorrect.  <Pigger> <thefinger>

DK Jr is the best character Nintendo ever killed off. The idea of Diddy replacing him makes me shake with rage to this very day.
DK Jr. - 818,900 (KS)
DK Jr. best first life - 714,700 (19-4)
APB - 215,074
Member for 9 Years DKJR Killscreener Twitch Streamer