Author Topic: Linux: RetroPie: Question about submission  (Read 10428 times)

DadsGlasses

Linux: RetroPie: Question about submission
« on: May 22, 2015, 05:18:03 pm »
Hello. My name is Robert. I am new to the forum. I started playing DK about a week ago after building a MAME upright cabinet for my kids playroom. Currently I am using a Raspberry Pi 2 running RetroPie to power the cabinet. I am using the default Mame4All program with US Rom Set 1 version of DK.

I would eventually like to submit scores to the DKF High Score List.

I understand that Mame4All is not an acceptable emulator for score submissions. I am new to Linux and this is my first experience building an upright cabinet.

Does anyone know if WolfMame can be added to RetroPie on Linux by someone like me with limited coding experience?  Would anyone be willing to help me get it setup?

I am on the hunt for a dedicated DK cabinet with a TGK-4 board, but in the meantime I will try to update my Pi to run WolfMame 106

Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Robert

Offline xelnia

• Administrator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Stop using 0.106
    • Twitch
    • Awards
Re: Linux: RetroPie: Question about submission
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2015, 06:05:27 pm »
I haven't messed with WolfMAME/Linux, but you should be able to get it working. First off, I'd recommend trying a newer version of WolfMAME.

Check out this thread on MARP: Play with LINUX?? mahlemiut is the author of WolfMAME so take note of his posts in that thread. Some pre-built Linux versions can be found (along with everything else needed to build your own) at http://wolfmame.marpirc.net/

Also, you might consider PMing SQUIIDUX on these forums. I believe he went through the process of getting WolfMAME onto a Pi.

Welcome and good luck with your games!
"Do not criticize, question, suggest or opine anything about an upcoming CAG event, no matter how constructive or positive your intent may be. You will find nothing but pain and frustration, trust me. Just go, or don't go, and :-X either way!" -ChrisP, 3/29/15
Member for 11 Years snek CK Killscreener DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

DadsGlasses

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2015, 07:42:32 pm »
Thank you very much. I really appreciate your help.

I broke the 100,000 mark today for the first time, so I am feeling good!

Offline ebinsugewa

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2015, 10:37:11 pm »
Does a pi have enough juice to run WINE?
we're in the yellow pages under 'spatulas'
Member for 11 Years Twitch Streamer Blogger

DadsGlasses

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2015, 04:29:14 am »
Does a pi have enough juice to run WINE?

No. I don't believe that it does.

For now I will just keep playing as I am and not submit any scores.

Offline tudose

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2015, 09:15:20 am »
welcome to the forum, robert! good luck getting everything up and running love it <Billy>
Member for 11 Years Former CK World Record Holder - MAME DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DK Masters - Rank D DKJR Killscreener DK 1.1M Point Scorer Blogger DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener CK Killscreener Twitch Streamer Former DK Level 1-1 World Record Holder