Author Topic: George Riley - DK3 TGTS and Marathon (Hardest) Videos  (Read 5261 times)

Offline xelnia

• Administrator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Stop using 0.106
    • Twitch
    • Awards
George Riley - DK3 TGTS and Marathon (Hardest) Videos
« on: December 14, 2014, 03:17:59 pm »
In February, George Riley put up two record scores on Donkey Kong 3: a new MAME TGTS (5 lives) score and a new marathon record on Hardest difficulty. He streamed those games live on Justin.tv, but with that site's demise the highlights were lost. UNTIL NOW.

I have restreamed these games on the DKF Twitch channel where they will hopefully be more permanently archived. George was listening to Radiohead's Kid A album during the TGTS attempt so Twitch has unfortunately muted most of that game's audio. Since the audio is only muted in the Twitch video player (fu Twitch), the video with full audio can still be downloaded (via twitchtools.com or similar sites this Google Drive link) for those interested in hearing George's commentary and polite cursing. The 1.5M TGTS game starts at about 22:25 in that link.

George, do you still happen to have the INPs for these games, and would you be willing to upload them to this thread?

Twitch highlights:
George Riley - DK3 TGTS - 1,513,000
George Riley - DK3 Marathon (Hardest Difficulty) - 2,407,400
« Last Edit: December 14, 2014, 04:31:37 pm by xelnia »
"Do not criticize, question, suggest or opine anything about an upcoming CAG event, no matter how constructive or positive your intent may be. You will find nothing but pain and frustration, trust me. Just go, or don't go, and :-X either way!" -ChrisP, 3/29/15
Member for 11 Years snek CK Killscreener IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Donkey Kong Genius

Re: George Riley - DK3 TGTS and Marathon (Hardest) Videos
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2014, 03:37:52 pm »
Nice. Though I have been unsuccessful at downloading full audio. For example, I was creating a video for Steve on his new no Pow world record, and the files I downloaded were also muted in those same areas. Have you found a way around this?

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2014, 04:25:55 pm »
Wow, cool!  Thanks for that. 8)  Funny how Radiohead gets muted because of copyright issues.  If the band had their way I don't think they would want their music muted like that.  They have always been pro sharing of their music.
Well the more interesting video probably is the DK3 Hardest Marathon.  So I am happy I wasn't playing any non approved Twitch music during that time.
"Perception forged in delusion and refined by pain"

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank D DK Killscreener IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Have a score on every DK3 track Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener

Offline xelnia

• Administrator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Stop using 0.106
    • Twitch
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2014, 04:30:52 pm »
Nice. Though I have been unsuccessful at downloading full audio. For example, I was creating a video for Steve on his new no Pow world record, and the files I downloaded were also muted in those same areas. Have you found a way around this?

Wow, you're right. I'm not sure when that changed, since muted VODs originally still had audio when downloaded. Oh well...updated the first post.
"Do not criticize, question, suggest or opine anything about an upcoming CAG event, no matter how constructive or positive your intent may be. You will find nothing but pain and frustration, trust me. Just go, or don't go, and :-X either way!" -ChrisP, 3/29/15
Member for 11 Years snek CK Killscreener IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2014, 05:04:50 pm »
I have those files still, but they are on my PC which I don't have Internet for.  I can though transfer the file from my PC to Laptop, and unload them that way. :)
"Perception forged in delusion and refined by pain"

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank D DK Killscreener IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Have a score on every DK3 track Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener