Author Topic: DK Individual Level and Stage Records  (Read 140040 times)

Offline serphintizer

• Awards
Re: DK Individual Level and Stage Records
« Reply #105 on: March 09, 2016, 08:36:00 am »
I currently hold the Level 2-3 Rivet record with 14,800.

Stay away!  Come no closer!  This means you!   :)

No record is safe in this game  8), but it will take a rare feat for someone to eclipse that mark.  You killed it hard.
"Kill screen? Ha! It's for tourists."  - Mr. X
Member for 8 Years CK Killscreener CK World Record Holder - MAME DK World Record Holder - Arcade DK 1.2M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Individual Board Record Holder IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member Former D2K World Record Holder DK 1.1M Point Scorer Winner of a community event DK 1M Point Scorer Twitch Streamer

Offline serphintizer

• Awards
« Reply #106 on: March 09, 2016, 09:24:52 pm »
John McCurdy
03/09/2016 (achieved a few ticks before midnight [EST], I believe)
8700 Level 5-4 Elevators
wolfmameplus-0106.exe

I'm not sure how ties work, but there we are.
Member for 8 Years CK Killscreener CK World Record Holder - MAME DK World Record Holder - Arcade DK 1.2M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Individual Board Record Holder IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member Former D2K World Record Holder DK 1.1M Point Scorer Winner of a community event DK 1M Point Scorer Twitch Streamer

Offline Adam_Mon

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #107 on: March 09, 2016, 09:37:17 pm »
John McCurdy
8700 Level 5-4 Elevators
wolfmameplus-0106.exe

Awesome job John!
Looks like we both have 8700 scores on both lvl 4 springs and lvl  5 springs in "real" games, I'm currious to find out if we are playing the springs in the same way or differently? very impressive stuff mate  8)

Offline stella_blue

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #108 on: March 10, 2016, 08:51:24 am »
John McCurdy
8700 Level 5-4 Elevators
wolfmameplus-0106.exe

Congratulations, John!  Onward to 9,000 points.  During the upcoming DKO, $175.00 will be awarded to the first player who reaches that milestone.  Best of luck to both you and Adam (and anyone else who plans to pursue the 9K bounty).

The  Master List  has been updated, and a Twitch highlight created:

https://www.twitch.tv/donkey_kong_forum/v/53559325

You all know the drill by now.

In the event of a tie, all players sharing the record are recognized on the leader board, listed in chronological order by date achieved.

EDIT:  I've attached a screen capture after forgetting to do so originally.

« Last Edit: March 10, 2016, 11:33:30 am by stella_blue »
DK High Score 
  (L22-1)
DK Level 1-1 
DK No Hammer 
  (L15-2)
Member for 11 Years Most Time Online DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline serphintizer

• Awards
« Reply #109 on: March 10, 2016, 11:38:15 am »
Thanks, Scott and Adam.  Snagging some of these temporary records is fun (they all can be improved upon by anybody at anytime).  They are becoming a natural by-product of what I am 'conditioning' myself for (one of the reasons you witness careless/stupid deaths during some of the games).  I'm not being a bully, I promise.  Kappa

Offline serphintizer

• Awards
« Reply #110 on: March 12, 2016, 03:34:47 pm »
John McCurdy
03/12/2016
16400 Level 4-3 Barrels
wolfmameplus-0106.exe

Offline f_symbols

• Spring Jumper
  • wht u mean
    • Awards
« Reply #111 on: March 12, 2016, 03:39:37 pm »
I don't know how to watch it <Allen> , but Kreygasm and  8)
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member Winner of a community event Former DK Remix World Record Holder DK Remix Killscreener IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK 1M Point Scorer IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member Blogger DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline stella_blue

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #112 on: March 12, 2016, 05:18:26 pm »
John McCurdy
03/12/2016
16400 Level 4-3 Barrels
wolfmameplus-0106.exe

You've done it again, John.  Why am I not surprised?   :)

Your 16,400 Level 4-3 barrel board edges the previous record holder (Dean Saglio) by 100 points.

The  Master List  has been updated.

Let's resolve that issue immediately.  The video highlight is right here:

https://www.twitch.tv/donkey_kong_forum/v/54094858

DK High Score 
  (L22-1)
DK Level 1-1 
DK No Hammer 
  (L15-2)
Member for 11 Years Most Time Online DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #113 on: March 12, 2016, 05:55:02 pm »
John McCurdy
03/12/2016
16400 Level 4-3 Barrels
wolfmameplus-0106.exe

You've done it again, John.  Why am I not surprised?   :)

Your 16,400 Level 4-3 barrel board edges the previous record holder (Dean Saglio) by 100 points.

The  Master List  has been updated.

Let's resolve that issue immediately.  The video highlight is right here:

https://www.twitch.tv/donkey_kong_forum/v/54094858
Yeah, congrats on that.  Big level 4-3 score. :)
"Perception forged in delusion and refined by pain"

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Killscreener DK Masters - Rank D IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Submit a score for every DK3 track Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener

Offline serphintizer

• Awards
« Reply #114 on: March 13, 2016, 09:14:35 pm »
I must admit, I am slightly disappointed and perplexed in some of the criticism I am receiving regarding some of my scores.  They are being described by some in the Donkey Kong community as being "fishy", "total bs", "pull a serphy", "fake individual board scores", etc.  The one guy being the most vocal has been out of the game for donkey's years (no pun intended), yet he insists on poppin' off like he owns 51% of the game's stock or something...get real.  <Billy>

I have had the last two weeks off from work.  This has given me the time to really grind, and test both my limits and the game's.

Thanks, Scott and Adam.  Snagging some of these temporary records is fun (they all can be improved upon by anybody at anytime).  They are becoming a natural by-product of what I am 'conditioning' myself for (one of the reasons you witness careless/stupid deaths during some of the games).  I'm not being a bully, I promise.  Kappa

Remember this post?  Again, I am 'conditioning' (overload principle) myself so that playing at a 140K-150K 'start pace' will hopefully start to feel like running boards.  Sometimes I die relatively early on in the game, but I will play it out anyway in order to see what the start may have been if I had not died (thanks to Willms' pace program), then continue to play out the rest of the game.  It's just that simple.  If a record is set in the meantime, call it a bonus.  8)

So what is all this claptrap I keep reading?  Have I offended some by blaspheming against the molten deanosaur?  Kappa 

This is supposed to be a fun hobby that runs alongside reality.  I will not apologize for working my tail off in this game.  I'm already way behind the curve, for most of you have been playing for years.  Like I have said in the past, "I enjoy challenging my DNA in divers things at world-class levels in order to uncover any and all hidden potential that may exist."  ;) 

Donkey Kong is one of those things.

And to those who have encouraged and supported my efforts thus far, it is appreciated.  :)   

Offline ChrisP

• Spring Jumper
  • I'm going to jump next to your leg.
    • Donkey Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #115 on: March 13, 2016, 10:01:57 pm »
"fishy", "total bs"

Since this comment can be seen during the replay, it's probably a good idea to set the record straight:

"Fishy" was not meant to be taken seriously. On the contrary, it was a reference to a comment Brian Allen made a couple of years ago about JCB's DK scores when JCB was getting running boards on lockdown. This was making Brian uncomfortable, so he accused Jason of being "fishy" and using save states. It was intended as a reference to that, not as a literal comment on this score, and the subsequent reply was just playing along. :)
« Last Edit: March 13, 2016, 10:05:53 pm by ChrisP »
http://donkeykongblog.blogspot.com

4 Quarters :-* - 800K Avg. Per Qtr. :o - No Restarts 8) - No Proof :'(

7/26/2013   Coin 35,946   710,800   18-1
7/28/2013   Coin 35,947   903,700   22-1
8/16/2013   Coin 35,948   694,100   17-6
8/17/2013   Coin 35,949   893,100   22-1

3,201,700: the $1 World Record?
Member for 11 Years DKJR Killscreener DK Masters - Rank D IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member Blogger Twitch Streamer DK Killscreener CK Killscreener

Offline tudose

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #116 on: March 13, 2016, 10:03:24 pm »
lol
Member for 11 Years Former CK World Record Holder - MAME DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DK Masters - Rank D DKJR Killscreener DK 1.1M Point Scorer IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member Blogger Winner of a community event DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener CK Killscreener Twitch Streamer Former DK Level 1-1 World Record Holder

Offline Barra

• Global Moderator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Pie Kicker
    • Awards
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank A DK 1.1M Point Scorer 1M on DK, DKJR, and DK3 Difficulty 3 DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener Submit a score for every DK3 track Winner of a community event IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member DKJR Killscreener DK 1M Point Scorer CK Killscreener DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline f_symbols

• Spring Jumper
  • wht u mean
    • Awards
« Reply #118 on: March 14, 2016, 05:53:42 am »
Yeah, that is most certainly a misunderstanding John. 

But since we're gonna go ahead and start airing dirty laundry around here...

Many of the players in this scene eventually reach a point where their realized-interests lie more in entertainment value than "grinding".  You are just beginning to rub shoulders with an entirely different hobby that is running parallel to active CAGing. (  <Pigger> ) I guess you're gonna have to "wait and see"! :o

I can understand how you see this as being directed at you, but they were actually just ironic anecdotes, taken from the vibrant past of "The Scene".

tl;dr   that chat log literally would have been identical regardless of the name attached to the inp. (or arcade vid.)

Edit: my comments are in reference to the "donkey Kong forum" twitch chat, which can be seen in the highlight video above..
« Last Edit: March 14, 2016, 10:05:32 am by f_symbols »
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member Winner of a community event Former DK Remix World Record Holder DK Remix Killscreener IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK 1M Point Scorer IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member Blogger DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline Adam_Mon

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #119 on: March 14, 2016, 07:02:25 am »
I must admit, I am slightly disappointed and perplexed in some of the criticism I am receiving regarding some of my scores.  They are being described by some in the Donkey Kong community as being "fishy", "total bs", "pull a serphy", "fake individual board scores", etc.   

??? I wasn't able to find those comments in any posts so I may have missed where they popped up, but anyway..
I personally don't see anything wrong with the individual board record stuff, a good score is a good score and should be respected regardless of the submitter in my opinion..

I'm also pretty sure that if any of the more popular dk players submitted the scores John did the response and show of support would have been much different.  :)