Author Topic: Mitch's Gaming Goals  (Read 138808 times)

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
Re: Mitch's Gaming Goals
« Reply #225 on: January 05, 2017, 04:59:21 am »
Went to Up Down on my night off so I cold play some games without any rush. Beat Out Run 4 out of my 5 attempts with each successive completion setting a new PB. My final best was 27,227,600.

Now that I think I have the tracks almost completely memorized in the RLRR pattern, I'm gonna start working for more optimization. Gonna mimic Scott's attempt here (especially with his cross-overs on the last section): https://www.twitch.tv/stella_blue/v/42343193
"Thou hast made us for Thyself, and our heart is restless until it finds its rest in Thee." -Augustine, Confessions.
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #226 on: January 11, 2017, 01:54:51 am »
Ugh, had an Outrun attempt today where I crashed bad literally 1 second away from finishing the game. Would have had ~33M. I can't wait until I actually have a hitless run.
"Thou hast made us for Thyself, and our heart is restless until it finds its rest in Thee." -Augustine, Confessions.
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #227 on: January 15, 2017, 04:06:31 am »
Outrun: Have had a handful of attempts get ruined on the latter stages that could have been close to 40M.

DK3: Been watching a clip of one of Riley's older WR on YT. Gonna set my home cab to hardest settings to try to jump-start my skills at the hardest difficulty the game reaches.

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #228 on: March 05, 2017, 08:01:08 pm »
So, I recently got a second job at my church as the music director. This has put more of a damper on my CAG play. However, Up Down did just get a Toobin' machine, so...  <Sanders>

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #229 on: March 08, 2017, 10:44:16 pm »
So... last night I wore beard balm for the first time in a long time and I realized that having it on my fingers decreases my average 100m dash time for T&F by about .6 seconds. lol. Such a random update, but it was a pretty serendipitous discovery for me. I was actually really close to breaking my PB multiple times, but I was greatly hindered by having a sprained ligament in my left wrist. Maybe in a couple weeks I can try again.

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #230 on: March 28, 2017, 03:05:12 am »
Billy, Walter, and Brian Kuh were all in town on Saturday to promote Minnesota's Pacman Lottery thing going on at the Mall of America. Afterwards, they swung by the Up Down around 10:30 p.m.. Unfortunately, I was unable to go visit with them as my wife and I had previous plans already made well in advance. :'( Oh well. Hopefully I get another chance to show them around the city at some point in the future.

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #231 on: April 01, 2017, 03:29:57 am »
Related to my previous update/post. Donkey Kong is mentioned.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pu7ujI_jqrk&ab_channel=GameInformer

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #232 on: April 12, 2017, 06:12:15 am »
Spent about an hour playing Mr. Do! seriously for the first time. Got 89,250. Kinda getting a lot of 50k games, but I can already see that it's just a matter of adding a bit more patience and tightening up some patterns and my games will start to be more like marathons.

I also should note that I finally got my 60-in-1 cab and my Cruis'n USA upright cab moved into the youth group at the church I help out with. I posted my scores there for the kids to try to beat, and if any of them do, be sure I'll try to take it back!

Additionally, I switched the T&F at Up-Down to marathon settings, so I'd like to try to find time to put up 5M to 10M on that now that I have way more skill for the game compared to when I did my 2M PB. I'm actually starting to get pretty good at the wobble technique.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2017, 06:17:37 am by marinomitch13 »

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #233 on: April 13, 2017, 04:00:55 am »
Got 123,750 on my first attempt of Mr. Do! last night. If I'm not mistaken, it looked like this was my first time cycling through all the unique boards. Not sure if the main enemies become "diggers" more quickly from then on, but it seemed like maybe that is the case. Gonna have to do some research now.

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #234 on: April 13, 2017, 09:35:31 pm »
Whelp, I found lots of stuff on Mr. Do! that will drastically help me up my game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEiIMx845X0&ab_channel=bigredbird

Offline mrvaya

• Awards
« Reply #235 on: April 17, 2017, 03:33:39 am »
Be careful with that clown. Once you've got the clown-blood in your veins you will never be the same again. :D Btw there are 10 different levels which each have 4 different kinds of layouts totaling 40 unique boards. And yeah the diggers become more aggressive meaning that the strategy changes at around level 10-12.
Member for 10 Years DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #236 on: May 08, 2017, 10:27:58 pm »
Up Down just got a Hyper Sports cab! Kreygasm Time to learn that game! <Allen>

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #237 on: May 17, 2017, 01:48:13 am »
Forgot to note that I got 5290 on the first loop of ICB a couple weeks back.

Offline Fly

• Awards
« Reply #238 on: May 17, 2017, 06:43:46 am »
Up Down just got a Hyper Sports cab! Kreygasm Time to learn that game! <Allen>

Great game! Very unforgiving on bad timing/angles though. Think T&F 8or 9 spin Hammer throw and 2.47+ HJ type of timing/complexity. 

Have fun with it and please post your progress.

Hec
Member for 10 Years IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member Twitch Streamer

Offline VON

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #239 on: May 18, 2017, 03:56:20 pm »
Hey Mitch,

So I'm ready to make some Burger Time attempts and finally pay off my long outstanding debt to you.  I'll stream all of my attempts -- if you really want to watch someone play this pile -- just let me know what time is best.