Author Topic: Mitch's Gaming Goals  (Read 138822 times)

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
Re: Mitch's Gaming Goals
« Reply #180 on: June 13, 2016, 11:14:22 pm »
Had a chance to swing by Steve Wiltshire's place for a arcade party this past Saturday. A fun time all around!
"Thou hast made us for Thyself, and our heart is restless until it finds its rest in Thee." -Augustine, Confessions.
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #181 on: June 20, 2016, 01:11:10 pm »
This weekend I had the chance to go to yet another CAG party! This time it was Derek Sorrell's party that had been planned like a year in advance. Lots of cool people showed up from the CAG community: Ben Gold, Walter Day, Billy Mitchell, Joel West, Hector Telloc, Dean Wenzel, Steve and Jessi Wiltshire, Lonnie McDonald, Eric Tessler, Rene Salinas, Steve and Josiah Sanders, Eugene Mosh, and Cary Chaney. Lots of games were played, food was eaten, cigars were smoked, and a great time was had. A few pics:
« Last Edit: June 20, 2016, 02:04:49 pm by marinomitch13 »
"Thou hast made us for Thyself, and our heart is restless until it finds its rest in Thee." -Augustine, Confessions.
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline marky_d

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #182 on: June 20, 2016, 01:22:47 pm »
wow! must have been fun!  <mad>
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK 1.1M Point Scorer IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Former DKJR World Record Holder - Arcade DKJR Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #183 on: June 20, 2016, 02:06:03 pm »
I was super bummed you didn't even know about it. I just figured you weren't able to make it, since it had been advertised for so long.

Offline marky_d

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #184 on: June 20, 2016, 02:16:14 pm »
since it had been advertised for so long.

Where was it advertised? I don't remember seeing anything about it.
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK 1.1M Point Scorer IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Former DKJR World Record Holder - Arcade DKJR Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline Fly

• Awards
« Reply #185 on: June 20, 2016, 03:41:57 pm »
RENE SALINAS! WOW! BIG BIG BIG!  Kappa

Hec
Member for 10 Years IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member Twitch Streamer

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #186 on: June 20, 2016, 04:41:30 pm »
since it had been advertised for so long.

Where was it advertised? I don't remember seeing anything about it.

I guess the group must've been private and simply never leaked. I coulda sworn word about a party this big and this planned in advance would have gotten around the CAG community.

Offline marky_d

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #187 on: June 20, 2016, 05:11:09 pm »
Ok, I see. I figured it was something like that (private chat). Sorry to derail the thread a bit. From what I saw on facebook it was really cool. Derek's got a really nice arcade.

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #188 on: June 23, 2016, 11:52:05 pm »
Well, it's official: The new arcade in town opens up this Saturday. Time to get back on the horse.

http://go963mn.com/news/2016/up-down-opens-lyn-lake

Offline Barra

• Global Moderator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Pie Kicker
    • Awards
« Reply #189 on: June 24, 2016, 12:31:17 am »
Kreygasm

Close enough. Kappa
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank A DK 1.1M Point Scorer 1M on DK, DKJR, and DK3 Difficulty 3 Submit a score for every DK3 track DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener Winner of a community event IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member DKJR Killscreener DK 1M Point Scorer CK Killscreener DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #190 on: June 24, 2016, 10:28:27 pm »
Lol, wasn't this one of the crap games recently? I remember seeing Dean playing it.

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #191 on: June 27, 2016, 03:26:32 pm »
Info-vomit update:

Was one of the first people to enter the Minneapolis Up-Down barcade the other night! Lots of awesome games. It was super packed the entire time. I talked with both the owner and the social media manger for the place and they were both pretty cool (the owner basically asked me to apply as a bouncer and game technician -which was super tempting, but I'll have to pass for the time being). Their game selection was great, but the prize of the night was probably the fact that they have a sit-down 4-player T&F machine! I put up my best 100m dash time of 7.95 seconds with a bunch of people watching, so that was fun. They also have Ice Cold Beer, so I'm gonna practice up on that one. Definitely gonna be getting back in the saddle on several games (I intend to brush up on my DK play and go for a big score at least). I may also have some good opportunities to have any attempts I go for get highlighted by their social media guy. Lots more could be said, but I'm gonna post some pics when I can get the file sizes down.

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #192 on: June 27, 2016, 03:34:28 pm »
Here are some pics.

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #193 on: July 05, 2016, 04:20:38 pm »
Yeah, so I forgot to mention here (I did on FB) that I got a job at the Up-Down as a bouncer and game technician.

So far the job is awesome! I've been learning a ton of new stuff about fixing games from their more experienced technicians as well as finally getting chances to do hands-on experience at the things that are pretty simple. Most of the problems are just buttons and coin mechs, so it is super easy. The job is very chill, and it really doesn't have too much trouble with drunks since most people come in groups and police themselves fairly well.

I've also had more opportunities to connect with new gamers to learn tricks on other games as well as share some I know, myself. I've already pointed a few people to DKF, so hopefully they show up at some point! Will keep ya'll updated on when I have time to get some serious practice in. So far I've just been refreshing on games... no pressing to learn new tricks/skills just yet.

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #194 on: July 25, 2016, 01:19:23 am »
Just an update that as soon as I can find the time and energy I intend to re-do my first post with my goals for the rest of 2016. This is because I now have access to many machines for hours and hours a day at my new job. However, since my current living situation hasn't changed and all my consoles are still in storage, I will most likely only be posting arcade gaming goals. This will most likely consist of only those games our barcade has on location (one exception will be that I'll be adding goals for Mario Kart for N64, since our barcade has that console set up). Should help me hunker down and focus on fewer games. I want to get better at enough games that I can have a decent chance of starting to earn money back to pay for travel expenses whenever I go to gaming competitions.