Author Topic: Mitch's Gaming Goals  (Read 138827 times)

lakeman421

Re: Mitch's Gaming Goals
« Reply #165 on: October 18, 2015, 08:47:12 am »
The End is one of my favorite games cause of how difficult it can be.  The enemies have trends, but they don't have exact patterns which makes the game even better.  I wonder if you can do the glitch on the 60-1 version where you can make the bricks stop coming out.

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #166 on: October 18, 2015, 10:34:47 am »
Yeah, The End was brutal. How do you attempt to cause the glitch?

So far, I've liked Phoenix the most. It's a pretty sweet game with fun enemies.
"Thou hast made us for Thyself, and our heart is restless until it finds its rest in Thee." -Augustine, Confessions.
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

lakeman421

« Reply #167 on: October 18, 2015, 01:26:05 pm »
Sometimes if you crash into an enemy while it grabs the last brick the new row of bricks will start to come out, but it stops before the rest of them come out.  If you only have bricks on the left side of the screen, you did it right.  Once those bricks are gone they will stop coming out and the enemies will never come down.

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #168 on: March 18, 2016, 02:21:45 pm »
Small update: While I was visiting my dad in Dallas I swung by a few arcades. At one particular Barcade-type location I played some T&F for the first time in months. On my very first try I got my first ever sub-8 seconds 100m dash. Got 7.97 seconds. Lit.
"Thou hast made us for Thyself, and our heart is restless until it finds its rest in Thee." -Augustine, Confessions.
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline Fly

• Awards
« Reply #169 on: March 19, 2016, 09:53:49 am »
NICE! Where can i find a rigged cabinet like that?

Congrats! Very respectable time. Well on your way to 93k +. Whats your best?

Hec
Member for 10 Years IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member Twitch Streamer

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #170 on: March 19, 2016, 10:58:08 am »
My best ever was from a couple years ago, and, at the time, it was a near perfect game for me: 91,690. However, I'm absolutely certain that now i could get much better than that since i have nearly mastered the wobble technique. If I had my own machine and could play enough to get my stamina and technique back up, I'd blow that score out of the water.

I don't recall exactly how the math works, but if I could get two bonuses on the javelin and one bonus on the HJ (I don't count on getting the LJ bonus ;) ), what would these numbers get me (they are my bests that I have written down on my comp)?:

Dash: 7.97
Long Jump: 9.72
Javelin: 99.43
Hurdles: 10.34
Hammer: 98.67
High Jump: 2.48

It'd be nice to know what my potential is. What are your bests on each event?

Offline Fly

• Awards
« Reply #171 on: March 19, 2016, 03:43:20 pm »
Once you know the scoring system it's fairly easy. The 100m is 30 pts per .01 sec. Use 8.00 as a baseline at 17,000. So 17,000+90 for the .03 under 8.00.

LJ is 13,000 for 9.50. + 20 per .01. So 13,000+(22x20)440.

Jav is 12,500 for 95.00. + 20 per 10cm. To simplify,  200 per meter. So 99.43 is 13,380ish.  Not sure if it rounds up or down on the cm.

10.00 on hurdles is 17,000. So 10.34 is 17,000 - 680  = 16,320.

Hammer is 13,000 for 95m. +200 per meter like jav. So 98.67 is 13,720ish.

Cant remember the baseline for hj to save my life. I'll go look it up.

Hec
Member for 10 Years IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member Twitch Streamer

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #172 on: March 31, 2016, 07:56:06 pm »
Quick response to Hector (from above):

I actually intend on doing some stamina training on my fingers/forearm (I really need it, since I don't own my own cab and there are no public ones around that I can keep in shape on) before Derrick's party in case we do some sort of head-to-head. Should be a fun little event for the party if we go through with it. I hope you can make it.

In other news....

YEAH BUDDAAAAY!: http://www.citypages.com/restaurants/classic-arcade-bar-heading-to-uptown-this-summer-8168853

Looks like a new barcade-type location is coming to town! I was actually just at the Up-Down in Kansas City a few weeks ago on my trip back from visiting my dad in Texas. It was pretty crowded (to be expected for a Saturday night), but it was still quite fun. Apparently, the owner is the same guy that I met and who bought about 75% of Rusty Quarters for the Up-Down in Des Moines when RQ was going out of business. A local friend of mine already did an interview with him (the owner said he remembered me from RQ!) for his radio show, so I will post that link when it comes out in the next day or so. I can't wait to meet him again and help him out with the CAG aspect in any way I can.

Overall, I'm pretty hopeful that this will succeed as it already has in two other cities. It looks like I'm back in business and, starting this summer, I can start utilizing my blog a whole lot more! Time to start updating my blog front-page!  ;D
« Last Edit: March 31, 2016, 07:58:33 pm by marinomitch13 »

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #173 on: April 01, 2016, 06:22:19 pm »
Here an interview of the owner of the Up-Down that is moving to town. The one doing the interview is Dana Wessel, a fellow DK player!

http://go963mn.com/news/2016/up-down-retro-arcade-minneapolis

Offline ChrisP

• Spring Jumper
  • I'm going to jump next to your leg.
    • Donkey Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #174 on: April 02, 2016, 12:21:08 pm »
Wow, it's Mitch! Mitch is a rarer sight nowadays...

Actually, you were in my chat a couple weeks ago and I didn't notice until I looked at it later. Maybe I block you out now because my brain knows that I'll die immediately if I'm aware that you're there.  Kappa
http://donkeykongblog.blogspot.com

4 Quarters :-* - 800K Avg. Per Qtr. :o - No Restarts 8) - No Proof :'(

7/26/2013   Coin 35,946   710,800   18-1
7/28/2013   Coin 35,947   903,700   22-1
8/16/2013   Coin 35,948   694,100   17-6
8/17/2013   Coin 35,949   893,100   22-1

3,201,700: the $1 World Record?
Member for 11 Years DK Masters - Rank D DKJR Killscreener IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member Blogger Twitch Streamer DK Killscreener CK Killscreener

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #175 on: April 02, 2016, 02:10:38 pm »
Hey, Chris!

I still keep up with almost everything that takes place in CAG these days. I just don't watch streams for 10 hours a day like I used to. <YSG>  I also don't keep DKF open so I can keep up on every line of the shoutbox. Everything CAG related is a lot more in-and-out these days to save time. Once this new local arcade opens up, though, I imagine I'll be (relatively) back in action! I'm thinking of actually going for 1m+ on DK live.

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #176 on: April 15, 2016, 09:45:30 am »
Last weekend I was in Omaha for my other (new-ish) hobby I am a part of: Scottish/Highland Games competitions. I did very well and am currently somewhere around 30th in the nation out ~350 people (after literally only two meets and no practice!).

While I was there, I made the quick trip over to Lincoln (about 45 miles farther) and visited the Wiltshire family. After Steve gave me a quick tour of his arcade we decided to swing over to a local barcade (Joysticks). We grabbed some food and spent a few hours talking about gaming, collecting, and our respective histories with Donkey Kong (mostly about how awesome it is to have these hobbies in our lives due to all the great relationships that then form!). Afterwards, I had to head out for the night, as I was quite exhausted from the days competition.

This weekend, however, my wife and I will be returning to Lincoln for the Wiltshire's arcade party! They've had this planned for several months, and it looks like more than 40 people will be stopping in over the course of the evening, so it should be a blast. I'll try to remember to take some pictures (something I'm horrible at remembering and caring about) so I can share them when I return.

And, who knows... maybe Steve and I will try to take down that 2-player-at-one-time DK record while we're together! ;)

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #177 on: April 15, 2016, 11:52:55 am »
Last weekend I was in Omaha for my other (new-ish) hobby I am a part of: Scottish/Highland Games competitions. I did very well and am currently somewhere around 30th in the nation out ~350 people (after literally only two meets and no practice!).

While I was there, I made the quick trip over to Lincoln (about 45 miles farther) and visited the Wiltshire family. After Steve gave me a quick tour of his arcade we decided to swing over to a local barcade (Joysticks). We grabbed some food and spent a few hours talking about gaming, collecting, and our respective histories with Donkey Kong (mostly about how awesome it is to have these hobbies in our lives due to all the great relationships that then form!). Afterwards, I had to head out for the night, as I was quite exhausted from the days competition.

This weekend, however, my wife and I will be returning to Lincoln for the Wiltshire's arcade party! They've had this planned for several months, and it looks like more than 40 people will be stopping in over the course of the evening, so it should be a blast. I'll try to remember to take some pictures (something I'm horrible at remembering and caring about) so I can share them when I return.

And, who knows... maybe Steve and I will try to take down that 2-player-at-one-time DK record while we're together! ;)

I see you were Amateur C for the first event, and then Amateur B for the second event, and you actually are in 1st among amateur B among 130 competitors.  I guess that would mean you probably are graduating to the Amateur A group for your next event?
"Perception forged in delusion and refined by pain"

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank D DK Killscreener IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Submit a score for every DK3 track Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #178 on: April 15, 2016, 01:11:36 pm »
Yep, I'll be in A class (or higher -I kinda hope to get good enough to go pro  ;D ) from now on. C class is for anyone who has never competed before. After that, you move on to B class and have to start earning your way.

My former college throws coach is John Dahlin... he's sitting number 1 or 2 in the nation as a lighweight (200lbs or under), I believe. He'll be able to train me well.  <Roy>

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #179 on: May 07, 2016, 09:52:41 pm »
I had another (my third) Highland Games competition today. I PR'd in 7 events and am now currently in 29th place in the nation among non-masters-class amateurs. After doing the math, I am currently sitting in 60th out of a total of 916 in terms of the overall participants in the database. I'm only getting better and better, and I still haven't even practiced the events outside the actual competitions, so I'm excited to see how everything turns out this year with this new hobby! Wait and see! :-)