Author Topic: Mitch's Gaming Goals  (Read 138850 times)

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
Re: Mitch's Gaming Goals
« Reply #75 on: May 29, 2013, 09:48:57 pm »
Added goals for Satan's Hollow and Tapper.
"Thou hast made us for Thyself, and our heart is restless until it finds its rest in Thee." -Augustine, Confessions.
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline stella_blue

• High Score Moderator
  • Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #76 on: May 30, 2013, 05:45:35 am »
Hey Mitch, it looks like you're only 7-10 days away from the next plateau of 500 posts.  I'll go out on a limb, just barely, and predict that the corresponding icon will be the dreaded elevator spring (collapsed or expanded).

Of course, when Jeff sees this, he'll likely swap it out and go with the umbrella, just to make me look silly.   :P

Nailed it!  Although, to be honest, 99% of forum members would have made the same prediction.

Thanks Jeff, for sparing me the humiliation of an epic fail.   :)

DK High Score 
  (L22-1)
DK Level 1-1 
DK No Hammer 
  (L15-2)
Member for 11 Years Most Time Online DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #77 on: June 04, 2013, 02:18:40 pm »
Talk about a wowzer!: I just got to wave 101 on Joust while on my last man and died out with a score of 1,556,600!!! My Joust goal is complete for now. I feel as though I now know the skills needed for deeper in the game, so I can make some serious attempts at rolling a machine later when I have time. If I get some of my other goals out of the way, I may return to this game and up my goal.

It's fun, cuz this happened on my second game of the day. My game just before this, I was seriously trying, and I died at 94k! I was so pissed. I don't exactly know why this happened (my first game is often significantly worse when I play Joust), but my running hypothesis is that to do well in Joust requires such a defensive strategy, that the tendancy to rush and be overly-flintchy on the first game -which is normally bad to do on any game- is exploted even more than nomal by the very nature of this specific game.

I think I'm now gonna return to Dig Dug and shoot for my goal on that (1m+) now.
"Thou hast made us for Thyself, and our heart is restless until it finds its rest in Thee." -Augustine, Confessions.
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #78 on: June 04, 2013, 07:36:23 pm »
Yeah, I decided to just say 'Screw Dig Dug!' for now, and I put up 2,008,300 on Track & Field as a warmup game for my 5m attempt. Shouldn't be too tough to do, once I have more time. I killed off maybe a dozen men throughout the game -8 of which were at the end (just so no one thought I died out against my wishes ;) ). I also got some serious practice in on the 'wobble/bass-slap' technique.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=598843040160452&set=a.238144889563604.62805.226688464042580&type=1&theater
« Last Edit: June 04, 2013, 10:16:50 pm by marinomitch13 »

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #79 on: June 14, 2013, 09:30:54 pm »
I watched Colman Paolo get 1/3 the way to the Joust rollover the other day (on a new PB game for him), and it motivated me to up my goal to go for the rollover. I feel like stopping now would be wussing out when I'm on the cusp of truly mastering the game. Thanks Colman. That's an example of iron sharpening iron, right there for ya, I guess!

LANCE UP! ONWARD!!!

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #80 on: June 20, 2013, 10:57:49 pm »
Did 4-5 attempts today at the arcade on DK at all-out pace: Got a 138,300 start! A new PB! I thought I might get 140k, but I had a terrible level 3 springs as well as a mildly bad following rivet screen. I'm sure I'll hit 140k soon if I just put the attempts in. I also lost some points due to the process of 'getting the rust off'.

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #81 on: June 25, 2013, 02:17:49 pm »
Got 40,300 on Tapper. Honestly, I have the skills down now, and that score only took me like 3 attempts from my last PB, but my wife is kinda into this game as well. We have it on an arcade games collection for PS2, and it keeps a high score list saved of both of our attempts. Once she beats my highscore, I make a point to beat it back after a while, but I'm afraid that if I beat her score by too much that she will give up on the game. She seems to really like this one, and I'm hoping to get her hooked on at least one classic arcade game! So, for now, it is holding me back on this title.

Ben, I may stream some Satan's Hollow in the near future. I need your guidance!  ;D

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #83 on: July 18, 2013, 09:05:49 pm »
Ok, looks like someone mysterious from out of town (Denver, actually -I wonder if this person is a DK player as well, and is familiar with the KOs and the 1up...) who goes by the initials CAB, beat my DKjr HS of 189k at Rusty Quarters. This person put up 209K, so it looks like it's back to the drawing board with this stupid, clunky game. I was just starting to be able to run boards at the highest difficulty last time I was practicing this game ( I think I got 120k on my first man), so maybe as I try to re-set the arcade's record I might just have a breakout game!

I will probably go to the arcade on Saturday. I might bring my new camera mount along and stream from there, so keep your eyes open!

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #84 on: July 28, 2013, 10:12:01 pm »
Added some BGC goals and scores. I keep feeling like I need to keep my goals list as DK-saturated as I can, since this is a DK forum.

In other news, I found a local Millipede cab today at a movie theatre! It hadn't been there previously, and it is the first public one I've ever seen in my area. Played two games and got around 40k on each. The trackball was a bit slow feeling, but I really enjoyed the game. It was a lot more hectic than Centipede (to me), so I may start giving Centipede another shot now.

Cheers!

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #85 on: August 11, 2013, 05:31:23 pm »
After watching some of the archive footage of the Life Magazine shoot in Ottumwa from the 80's, I've been reinvigorated to start working on my list again. While in Fairfield, I played a perfect first screen of Burgertime, however the points didn't seem to match up with what I had previously figured out should be a perfect score for that screen. I'm 100% sure that I actually did it perfectly, but the score was almost 20k less than expected -a difference of this much suggests that maybe the settings were different on that cab, rather than me actually just missing a few points (which would have been more like 250 points of difference).

Regardless, I want to start attacking my list with new passion, and attempting the perfect 1st screen was just an initial step. I really enjoyed meeting all my friends again and hanging out, and even learning some additional BT tips from Billy Mitchell himself! I hope this wave of motivation lasts, as it seems to wane when I can't get away from work for days at a time.

EDIT: Wow, I had a complete brainfart on this game. I went back and looked into my previous conversation with Bryan Wagner on FB, and I realized why my 'perfect screen 1 score' wasn't perfect -you get more points for dropping pieces of the burger on the enemies! Duh! that literally makes up the 20k difference, and makes getting the perfect score on screen 1 WAY harder, since it increases the enemies' speed a TON! I'm gonna have to go back to the drawing board on this one! For everything else, I did play it perfectly, I just forgot about the fact that you could acquire points that way. Don't I look foolish now... ;)
« Last Edit: August 12, 2013, 09:38:04 am by marinomitch13 »

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #86 on: August 14, 2013, 07:42:54 am »
Unless something unexpected gets in the way, I will be streaming from Rusty Quarters today at around 1:30pm central time. Trying to get some scores for this online competition on FB.

I'll be playing Burgertime, Frogger, Space Invaders, Ms. Pacman, Galaga, and Donkey Kong...maybe some DKjr too.

I have 3 days off work here, so if I don't get to all the games today, then I'll try to on the other days.

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #87 on: August 14, 2013, 05:28:06 pm »
Just got done with Burgertime practice. Got 2,540,200. Pretty good. I think I may be able to get my goal of 5m by the end of Friday.

Here's the highlight: http://www.twitch.tv/marinomitch13/c/2752917

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #88 on: August 15, 2013, 09:15:54 pm »
Spent a couple hours trying for some of my 1-1 goals, but then I ended up breaking one I didn't intend to! Oh yer:

http://www.twitch.tv/marinomitch13/c/2759233

Also, for Adam Mon:

http://www.twitch.tv/marinomitch13/c/2759175

Offline tudose

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #89 on: August 15, 2013, 09:26:14 pm »
oh yer was cool to see you get it live mate. 55k next huh? love it
Member for 11 Years Former CK World Record Holder - MAME DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DK Masters - Rank D DKJR Killscreener DK 1.1M Point Scorer IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member Blogger Winner of a community event DK Killscreener DK 1M Point Scorer CK Killscreener Twitch Streamer Former DK Level 1-1 World Record Holder